Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bunko and "Yes my sister is Rita Peck"

Lately I have been feeling a little down because I have been trying to introduce myself to lots of people and make friends with little to no reciprication. I have been praying that someone would invite me out. Well the invitation came from an unexpected source. I received a text Monday night from my coworker/carpool friend MariLana. She plays Bunko once a month with a group of 11 other ladies and they needed a sub for the next night, Would I be interested? MariLana is the same age as my mom but a lot of fun and I knew that two of her daughters were in the group and the oldest was my age. I agreed quickly. She informed that it included dinner. On my way home Tuesday night from work Landon texted to let me know that his parents had just pulled up. We went out for dinner with them and got home 5 minutes before MariLana picked me up. On the way there she told me that she had thought of me because most of the girls in the group were about my age and she thought I would like to meet a few people my own age. We walked in and she introduced me to everyone. Right away a woman walked up to me with a baby that looked a few months older than my neice Abigail. She asked if I had any family in Pocatello. I said yes a twin sister. She laughed and said, "I know Rita. I know her sister in law Jamie. Her daughter is a few months younger than mine. I've seen you around the church. Were you visiting Rita or are you in the neighborhood?" It ends up she lives a couple blocks away from me and is in the 3rd ward and so that is why she had seen me at church. (Rita is in 1st ward, and I am in the 2nd ward.) It was nice to chat with her. It reminded me when I had first met MariLana's oldest daughter Andrea. She had stopped by the school and MariLana brought her over to my classroom. She looked at me and said, "We've met before haven't we? Did you go to ISU?" I said no but my twin sister Rita did. She told me that she and Rita had been in the education dept at the same time and had taken a few classes together. Yep, a small world. It is fun to be related to such a famous sister. :) Anyways back to Bunko. It was such a fun night, hanging out with 10 other women, many who were around my age. I truly hope that I will be blessed to make some girlfriends around here. I had forgotten how nice it is to just get together with other women and have fun. So I have gone back to my resolution to invite more people over to get to know them. Hopefully I will be able to convince someone to become my friend. :)

1 comment:

Rita Peck said...

silly people don't know what they are missing out on. oh and I have been asked 3 times in the last month if I was you so apparently you are getting famous too