It all started Tuesday afternoon after lunch when I started feeling a little off. I figured it was the pizza I had eaten from our school cafeteria. (Note to self do not do that again!) But by the time I got home I was tired and feeling even worse. I quickly made a delicious dinner of country grave, sausage, biscuits and corn (gee I wonder why I can't lose the last 10 lbs....) and we sat down and ate. About half an hour later I really was sick and spent the rest of the evening on my butt on the couch watching NCIS trying not to think about my tummy. I went to bed early. Emily crawled into bed with me and fell asleep holding my hand. She kept leaning over to kiss my head and tell me she loves me just like I do when she is sick. Landon came into bed later and opted to allow Emily to sleep next to me and slept downstairs in the spare bed. (He did it more so that he could sprawl in a bed by himself without a wife who steals all the covers....) :) I woke up for work the next morning feeling a little off but figuring the worst was over and I refused to use my last sick day with only three days left. I made it through the day pretty well. I didn't feel hungry so I didn't eat anything until the Retirement luncheon Wednesday afternoon for our school secretary. I had already paid for the meal and it looked so delicious. It didn't make me feel any worse off so I figured I had been sick with the same 24 hour sickness that Emily, Collin and Landon have had at different times over the last 2 weeks. That is until I opened the door when I got home from work. I was so tired I could barely pick up my feet. I noticed that both Emily and Collin were sleeping in the living room so I knew that no one would miss me if I went and had a nap. I knew that I was to go visiting teaching at 6:45 and wanted to get my energy back. An hour later Landon found me and woke me up. I got up reenergized and decided to wash out our garbage can. Wrong decision. My upset stomach came back with a venegence. By 6pm Landon was telling me I was in no shape to go out VT. Since I visit a woman with two small children and one who is pregnant I agreed with him. So I grabbed my cell phone to call my companion. Her name is Alicia Hymas. I call her and explain that I am really sick and that it wouldn't be a good idea to go since there were small children at one home and the other was pregnant. I told her how I must have overdone it by going to work, etc, etc. She agreed with me and we hung up. I told Landon that it had gone well and that I wanted to take another nap. It was then that I caught the name on my cell phone before it faded completely away. Alisha Obano. The school nurse at my middle school. I had her cell phone number because we had given them our old washing machine and a coffee table the weekend before as they are moving into their new home. I checked my call history and sure enough I had dialed the wrong number. When I had looked up Alicia in my phone book I had accidently pushed the down button and chosen the name directly below. I told Landon and he just shook his head at me and asked how I had gotten through a whole conversation about visiting teaching without realizing I was talking to the wrong person. Alisha is also a member of the LDS church so she knew what I was talking about. I quickly called the right Alicia and cancelled going out. I tried calling Alisha back to explain but her phone was busy. So I texted an explanation to her. Ten minutes later she called me. She was laughing. She said she got off the phone and thought, "Oh Tamara won't be at work tomorrow. Is she wanting me to take her class to Lava Hot Springs? Why would she want that? Oh well maybe she was supposed to go with me to the hospital tonight to see the woman in my ward who just had a baby. But Tamara isn't in my ward, why would she be going?" And then she got my text and just laughed. We laughed about how ridiculous the whole situation was. We decided that she made it through the conversation because she was so tired from have a small baby and young children who keep her busy and me because I am sick. :) We talked for a few more minutes and then we hung up. When I explained it to Landon he just shook his head again and said I was unbelievable. I love cell phones but what a crazy mixup!
**As a side note: I am not contagious sick. I carried hand santizer with me all day at work, using it frequently. Since it was the last day of classes we mostly watched educational movies or played dvd family fued and so the students would not have gotten sick from me. Mostly my tummy is slightly off and I am exhausted. I know the moms out there would not appreciate me going to work sick. And I would ask you to talk to the other mom's out there that send kids hacking, and sneezing to school. :)**
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
seriously you should have stayed home to get better . who cares about the kids. glad you are better now. You amaze me.
Post a Comment