Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Kids Bedroom


Here are the pictures from the kids semi completed bedroom. Landon was unsure I could pull it off without going insane but thanks to a projector and the animal window clings my parents gave to Emily for Christmas, Emily and Collin have their jungle room. Rita came over and was my cheering squad/hold the projector steady partner. Plus the gift card Christmas present from my brother made this room cost me $0. Now to get the shelf up and put Collin's pictures in his picture frame and the room would be done. Well except that Emily is convinced I need to paint either a lion or tiger on the fourth wall. We will see.


A finished view of the room. You can see the quilts I made the kids though I still need to finish up the hand sewing on Collin's quilt. Emily loves that they are similar but not the exact same.


I love the tree with the monkey. It is my absolute favourite!






Collin loves his new room.



The round mirrors were there when we moved in. Since they wouldn't come off the wall, Rita had the brillent idea about the elephant blowing bubbles. Emily loves it. And Collin only tried to write on it with permanent marker once. Luckily another coat of paint fixed that. They love it!


The flamingo who will hopefully, one day, be holding the kids growth chart.


Collin loves the hippo, koala bear, and mouse right next to his bed. Emily chose to paint the mouse white. I thought my mom would love that, my kids have their own white rat. :)


I have always wanted this saying in my kids' bedroom. Rita did it up in a few different scrapbooking fonts, I chose the one I liked best, onto the projector it went and Voila. I love it and Emily thinks its hilarious since one of her favourite books is Where the Wild Things Are.

1 comment:

Jennifer Barnes said...

Ok, so it's taken me a while to catch up on your blog, but seriously this is SOOOO cute!!! When I buy a house, I am going to have to remember that you did this and have you tell me how. I am very impressed!!