I needed to write down my last two days so that when I start to think that I am a little bored with life that I will remember these two days and enjoy the relaxation. Since we went away last weekend I am a little behind on my housework. I have put myself on a self imposed break from books as I would rather read than deal with life. Not the best solution. :)
Wednesday:
Up by 6:15 and out the door on time to work (6:55). Both kids were still sleeping so I didn't have to get them breakfast which helped. Got to work, taught first period and then found out I was chapeorning the 6th grade students who were invited on the 7th grade field trip to see the DisneyNature movie, "African Cats." Scrambled to put together a lesson plan for the person teaching my 8th grade math class. (My other classes were with 7th grade students so no need.) I was a little disappointed because with all the ISAT testing I was behind in paperwork and was looking forward to some quality paperwork time. :) The movie was really great, but sitting in a dark room in a comfortable lazyboy type chair had me pretty sleepy by the time I returned to school. Returning to school to sit in a quiet room and proctor a 2 hour language ISAT didn't help my sleepiness. Left work early to get home by 4:30. Made pizza dough and cleaned the house and put away clothes while waiting for the dough to rise. In the middle of this I remembered I was going visiting teaching so I took some of my frozen cookie dough out of the freezer and cooked some cookies. As I was finishing that, I got a text reminding me that I was going out to visit some of the new members in the ward in the capacity as a ward missionary. And it was my turn to make the cookies. Quick call to Landon who was at Fred Meyer to pick up a tub of premade cookie dough saved me. As we were sitting down to eat I got a call from Troy Swallow in our bishopric. He asked to meet with Landon and I. He came over a half an hour later. (More about that after Sunday.) As he left my VT companion drove up and out the door I went. We visited with our sisters from 7-8:00. Then quickly home for Gerri to pick me up. We went and dropped off cookies until 9:00. I got home, finished tidying up the house, put away my clothes and put the kids to bed. I did my exercising (which is now up to 45 minutes, I am going to die!) and fell into bed around 11.
Thursday:
Up again and out the door on time. Yippee! A new record. Taught five classes and was able to get completely caught up on my paperwork. Slight headache from all the paperwork and a few confrontations with students. (Only 4 weeks left!) During my lunch break I finally made the kids doctor's appointments, and a chiropractor appointment for me. (These headaches have got to end!) Head home early and get home by 4:30. Clean the upstairs because I had a THRIVE food storage party at my house that night. Talk to my mom on the phone for a little while. Watch half hour episode of "Breaking In" on Hulu and then helped Tami set up for the party. Only 3 people show up (thanks Becca, Gerri, and Jamie). Cleaned up after the party and my visiting teachers came over to visit. They left just before 9:00. Got the kids in bed, worked out, got ready for bed. In bed by 11:00.
This weekend looks a little less crazy. Ward potluck tonight (Oh yeah made chili in the crockpot last night before bed.) And tomorrow night babysitting Rita's kids from 7p-12a.
And I am happy to say that I have kept up with my reading scriptures every day and excercising for at least a half an hour a day. It is making all the difference. And I am trying to count the good people in my life.
Life is good!
Friday, April 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Look at you go. I admit this week has been crazy busy and no desire to do housework. I need to be more like you. Your the best for babysitting and now I am on pins and needles to hear about Sunday. OH and we LOVE Breaking In
Post a Comment