Sunday, April 10, 2011

Haircuts and Tangled

I held off taking my kids to see Tangled mostly because I wanted to be there when they saw it and there just never seemed to be any time. When Landon was fishing with his brothers and father during his spring break I got my chance. Rita had the kids for Monday and Tuesday but both my kids had colds and had kept me up both nights and so I decided to take a sick day on Wednesday as I was a little punch drunk from no sleep. The kids and I slept in (Yeah!) and we all woke feeling much better. Rita called and asked if we wanted to join Crystal, herself and all their kids for a trip to see Tangled. It was the perfect way to spend the last couple of hours before picking up Landon from Utah. Loved the movie. My kids were great during it and Emily couldn't stop talking about it. A few days later my friend Suzanne called and could fit Emily and I in for some haircuts. I was so excited. Neither of us had had haircuts since right before Christmas. Suzanne is pregnant, working and a mother of two so we were just happy she could get us in. Emily and I showed up and Emily got to go first. Suzanne asked her how she wanted her hair cut. Emily told her, "Cut it brown please." I explained to Emily that wasn't possible so she thought about it and said she wanted it short. I asked if she wanted it to her shoulders and she replied that she wanted it to her ears. I was a little shocked because she always wants her hair to stay long. I didn't complain though because short hair is definitely easier to care for. She got an incredible cute haircut and went off to play while I got an equally cute hair cut. (Pictures will eventually be posted on a day that my camera works and Emily and I have cute hair days. ) About a week later as we were watching Tangled as a family at home I realized why Emily said she wanted her hair cut brown. At the end when Rapunzel's hair is cut short (in an almost identical cut to Emily's) it turns brown. Emily turns to me and says, "Look its cut brown." Yeah I'm a bit slow. Thank heaven for four year olds.

1 comment:

Rita Peck said...

that is hilarious. I never thought of that before. her hair cut is really adorable