Sunday, April 10, 2011

Dance Parties








The second Friday in March, when I got home from work, Emily asked if she could show me her dance. She put on some music and went through her dance routine from her last recital and then showed me all the new things she had learned in this new dance class. She said she wanted her friends to come over and they could put on a dance. They would decorate the room and perform. I told her it sounded okay to me. I called Cassie and Hallie's moms (Rita and Crystal) and asked if their daughters could join Emily for a dance party the next afternoon at 1pm. The girls would dance for and hour and then their mom's were invited back for the recital. They both agreed to come over. I brought out our alarm clock because it has a dock for our ipod touch. Emily carefully chose out her dance outfit and impatiently waited for the appointed hour. Once both girls arrived the party started. Basically they took turns picking songs off of Emily's playlist and ran around the room in circles. Doing dance moves every once in awhile. The pillows came off the couch and they used them as props or obstacles. They had a ton of fun and loved performing for their mothers. Afterwards we had some cake. A fun afternoon and hopefully we will do it again soon. Here are a few pictures and video:


Dancing Girls


Hallie and her mom


Crystal, Hallie and Rita


Emily changing the music



No comments: