Sunday, January 30, 2011

Family Birthday Party

Mel and Vauna drove up from Utah on the 29th for a family dinner birthday party. It was at 5pm. Emily's friends party ended at 4pm. :) I barely had enough time to get the house back in order. Rita, Nic and their family also joined us for dinner. We had pulled bbq pork, buns, chips and salad. Emily loved having everyone around her. Mel and Vauna gave her a cute summer outfit and cute rabbit jammies. When she held up the capris she looked at Vauna and told her that they were too little for her because she had grown. I had to explain to Emily they were shorts not pants. It was really funny. Mel and Vauna stayed the night which was fun to have them here. The kids love having people stay at our home. They were also nice enough to not be upset when I ran out to a church meeting. They stayed and visited with Landon and played with the kids. We forgot to eat the birthday cake that I made for the family party so I am cutting it up tonight and Emily is delivering it with the thank-you cards she made for her friends who came to her party.

1 comment:

Kenton and Haylee said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY ADORABLE NIECE EMILY!! Sounds like the birthday party was a success and Emily had a great time. I'm sorry we missed it. Hope to see you all soon!