For Mel and Vauna's Christmas present we bought tickets to the Bar J Wranglers concert in American Falls. I have never been to any performance of the Bar J and was so excited to go. Last night was the concert and it was so much fun! They are so funny and their singing is incredible! The whole time I was thinking, I have got to take my dad to Jackson Hole to listen to them. Landon turned to me halfway through the performance and said, "Your dad would really love this!" :) So true. Danny's bass was so good I had goosebumps when he sang Old Man River. The way they play their instruments is AMAZING! Especially Donnie. And Bryan's yodelling and comedic banter was fabulous. It was the quickest hour and a half of my life. My foot was tapping the whole time. On the way out to AF we actually passed the "Bar J Chuckwagon" (their truck). Vauna said that the last time she heard them in concert she had told them afterwords that she wished they had sung Wyoming Wind because it is her favourite. They told her she should have requested it. So after we passed the truck she was joking about pulling up beside them and requesting the song as we drove down the interstate. Then she joked about ambushing them in the parking lot and requesting it. We did neither of those things but she made Landon and Mel promise that if they asked for requests they would request it for her. They didn't end up singing Wyoming Wind or asking for requests. We went through the line to shake hands with them. Mel decided it was time for a bathroom break because Vauna was threatening to tell them that they should have sung Wyoming Wind. She did mention it to Brian and he said, "I've never heard of that song" and then winked. He told us that they put that song in their show every other year. As we went down the line we shook everyone's hands until we got to the last person, Scott. When Vauna mentioned the song again he laughed and told us that during the performance Tim had paused and said that he couldn't remember the next song but let's play..... (can't remember the song). He was supposed to be introducing Wyoming Wind and he had forgotten! Scott told us that they were caught off guard because he chose a song not in the program. I had thought it was part of the comedy because they jumped right in as if that had always been the plan. We laughed about the whole thing. I ended up buying their dvd because it has the Noah's Ark song that they did. I can't wait to show it to Emily! She will love it! My favourite part of the whole evening was when they had the house lights turned up and they did a tribute to all the vetrans who had served their country. I started to cry as I watched 20-30 older men stand up. Most in their cowboy hats. It was incredible to see how many vetrans are from Power County. Incredible powerful to be able to clap and give our thanks to these men. They also gave tribute to all the family of vetrans and those who have family serving now. It was wonderful. I can't wait to go to a concert again. We are hoping to go this summer with my parents.
A big thanks to Nic and Rita who babysat Emily and Collin for us.





No comments:
Post a Comment