Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Birthday and Christmas Presents

My wonderful parents and inlaws kindly gave me money for my Birthday and Christmas presents. With only one rule. I am not to spend it on anything but something for myself. :) They know me well. So a couple of weeks ago I decided that it was time to splurge on myself and spend this gift money. Here is how I spoiled myself...

This is my "Birthday Present"


I bought this cute necklace from The Rusted Chain. It says Landon, Tamara, Emily, Collin. Of course one of the first things that Landon said was, "Oh so I guess we aren't having any more kids." I told him that I'd just buy me another one. :)

The "Christmas Presents"

Since I wore my yoga pants daily during my pregnancy with Collin they were in need of replacement. So I used my parents gift card to purchase me a cute pair in a size smaller! :) I think that may have made me happier than actually owning a pair that weren't all stretched out!

Through blogland I had heard a few times about Recessionista. But I'm a total impulse buyer so I've stayed away. But I decided to take a look to see if there were any shoes I would like for my present. I ended up with a pair of shoes,a hat and scarf. Yeah! Since they don't ship internationally I gave them Rita's address and figured I'd pick them up for spring break. But to my astonishment I came home from work to find a package sitting next to my mailbox. They had shipped my stuff to Canada! :) I love all of it! Landon picked out the hat and scarf and he would like everyone to know that since I look FABULOUS in them. I've got such a great hubby!
(No picture of the shoes but they are a white Tommy walking type shoe. It ends up my sister Naomi has the same pair. Great minds think a like! Oh and this is me looking fabulous in my hat and scarf after walking 3 miles with my mom.)

6 comments:

Rachel Kingsley said...

Cute!!! I'm glad you got to treat yourself - you deserve it!

Lyndee said...

Love the necklace! Hope you had a wonderful B-day!!

Brian said...

I know you are a twin- but are you sure it's not to Tina Fay?? You look just like her in your new hat and scarf- super cute.

Rita Peck said...

what fun. lots of cute stuff

Chatty Natty said...

Oooohhh everything looks wonderful! I'm glad you enjoyed.

Kenton and Haylee said...

Love the gifts for yourself! It's good for a mom to get something new every once in a while. We deserve it! I love the hat and scarf on you!