Friday, February 26, 2010

Hold your loved ones near

Last week a coworker and his wife lost their little girl. Her heart gave out as the mother was finishing the final pushes during labour. All medical attempts to restart the heart failed. It has made me contemplate many things over the last week. I hold my kids a little tighter and for a little longer. I treasure every moment, even the ones that make me want to pull my hair out. I am so lucky to have my children in my life. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of the Plan of Salvation. I know that we have a loving Heavenly Father who knows and loves each of us and that we will all be able to see our loved ones again someday. Take a few moments to hug your children, spouse, or parent. Tell them you love them. Life is so precious.

3 comments:

Rita Peck said...

Every parents nightmare. Thanks for reminding me what we have and what I need to do to show them it.

Luscher Family said...

My heart goes out to the family. I know the pain that comes with losing a child and it is so hard. I pray that they will feel His arms wrapped around them for I know I could.

Kenton and Haylee said...

One of my worst nightmares. The little things in our lives that we take for granted, like having our children around us everyday, playing, giggling or even getting into mischief. My heart and prayers go out to the family.