Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Milestone

Drumroll....

Last night Collin slept through the night. Yes, he is 11 months and 3 weeks old and yes, this is the first time he slept through the night. I woke up this morning to the alarm clock and realized that I had not seen or heard my son all night. After being up 5-7 times a night with him for 3 out of the last 4 weeks (3 new teeth) it felt so liberating to wake up in a bed with no baby curled up next to me. But only for a moment, then I realized I hadn't fed him all night and I feeling slightly uncomfortable.... But not to worry he woke up half and hour later as I was finishing up my exercises.

Now I'm hoping for a repeat tonight!

5 comments:

Lyndee said...

That is awesome! Horray for you!

Rita Peck said...

YEAH. It is amazing how sweet sleep is. If only my older kids would do that....

Kenton and Haylee said...

YAY! That's always SO NICE. My babies don't sleep through the night until their around 12 months either. Who knows how it's going to be with twins!

Unknown said...

Go Tamara! or...Go Collin! :) My kids never sleep through the night. I just got Chase to go to bed in his big boy bed and sleep all night - and he's almost 2!!! I told Chad, I've been sleep debrived for 6 years! Ever since Daija was born. :) LOL I'm glad you are getting sleep and I'm glad I am too! Sweet dreams!!!!

Jill said...

Oh that is good news!!!! I wish you many more of the same. It's so nice to read all those comments about other kids that don't sleep through the night, it's comforting to know I'm not alone in the fight for sleep.