Saturday, January 30, 2010

Two and Three Birthday Parties for Emily

Party Two

Monday night we had a few family and friends come to my parents house to celebrate three birthdays. Emily, Pat (my dad), and Rosie Fluery. They all share the same birthday, the 28th. My parents, Steve, Matt, Ashley, Ethan, Sariah, Coe Family (Wes, Sheryl, Serena, Amy), Jim Corbett (Hope you are feeling better Margaret), and Darlene and Bill Norris all came to share in the cake, friends, and laughter. I made cupcakes and shaped them to look like a flower for Rosie and my mom made a "Wii" cake for my dad and Emily. Emily was spoiled with bubbles (Thanks Coes), cute crocheted hair elastics (Thanks Norris'), a New Year Cracker, and game (Thanks Corbetts), and 3 Loonies from Grandma and Grandpa Hull.

Party Three
Sadly Landon turned to me, at about noon, and said, "It's Emily's birthday and we haven't said Happy Birthday yet." Yeah we were so stressed about getting to the consulate on time that we forgot it was her birthday. She forgave us. A very nice, older couple gave her flashlight to play with while we waited (for 2 1/2 hours) at the consulate. They told her she could keep it since it was her birthday. We made it up to Emily, though. We took her to Chuck E. Cheese for dinner and fun. She LOVED it! She is still talking about the mouse with cheese. :) My friend Shawna came with her kids Amanda and Ben. I haven't seen her for two years. It was nice to visit. Emily ran from game to game. For those who don't know. Chuck E. Cheese is filled with all the games that they have in malls that your kids want to do but you don't want to pay for. They each take one token. I forgot my camera but one of the rides takes a picture while the car is "driving" (so I have one of Emily and one of Collin) and the another game is one of the sketch booths (so I have a sketch of Emily, myself and Collin.) When I get them scanned I will add them in. You receive tickets from the game when you "win" or for just participating. You can then "cash" the tickets in for prizes. Landon won most of the tickets playing the basketball game and also lifting Emily into the air for the jump rope game... :) But Emily earned 15 tickets on her own. She "bought" 2 sets of stickers and a sucker. She was in heaven. Her favourite games were riding a life size horse in the "Ken-chucky Derby" (All she had to do was pull on the reins to steer the horse), the ride where it simulated flying, and a simulated roller coaster. She loved that we gave her a handful of tokens and then she ran around, mostly without parental help, and put her money into which ever ride she wanted. It was hard to get her to sit down and eat her pizza. She picked out a chocolate cake and was so excited to blow out the candles. Since there was only six of us there was cake to take home which she wanted for breakfast. :) Happy Birthday to the sweetest little girl I know!

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Emmy's 3rd
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

2 comments:

Rita Peck said...

The cake looks awesome. Tell mom I am impressed. Love the pictures of dad with the barbie. Classic. Glad her parties went well. She is such a sweethear and I can't wait till she is close by.

Kenton and Haylee said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMY!! Sorry I'm a little late. I sure miss you all! Can't wait to celebrate Emmy and Collin's birthdays when we see you next month! Hopefully you can cross the border. We'll pray!