** I interupt this to talk a little about the troublesome cake. I had this great "simple" idea to do for Emily's cake. I was going to make one like Tinkerbell's ship using fondant. Yeah than reality hit. I didn't get home Friday night until 9 pm and I had visiting teaching until 11 am on the day of the birthday party. So my mom came to rescue. Made cupcakes, a rice crispie three tier cake, and fondant. All I had to do was put fondant on and decorate. Yeah wasn't able to get it to work. So I iced the cake, purchased little figurines from all the shows Emily loves. Made coloured sugar and put some fun circles and starts on the cake. Emily asked if she could put the toys on. I made a W to represent Wonder Pets, a toodles to represent Mickey Mouse Club, wrote Dora and George to represent the four missing shows. Forgot about Blues Clues until right now... Emily loved it. Martha Stewart it and I am not but my daughter kept clapping her hands, giggling and saying, "Tank you mommy, tank you." So I am satisfied.**
We lit the candles and sang Happy Birthday. My dad forgot to video tape it so we did it over again. (Emily watches her birthday song all year long.) We cut up the rice crispies and handed out cupcakes. Emily sat in a rocking chair and opened her gifts. She was so cute because she would hand out the gifts to her friends so they could open gifts too. Then she went around the room giving each of her friends a hug, saying Thank-you and giving them a goodie bag. Everyone played for a little while longer and then headed home. My parents and my family went out for Chinese Food and now Emily is happily tucked into bed. Life is good!
Enjoy the pictures and video...
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox scrapbook |






1 comment:
HOw fun. Cassie would love a cake like that. Wish we had a swimming pool we could do parties at. My kids would love it. It is nice to see pictures of everyone. Both Collin and Sariah are getting so big. Wish we could be there and play with you all. By the way you look good.
Post a Comment