Monday, December 21, 2009

Winter Wonderland Skate


Our teachers union has a free skate for families every December. They rent out the rink which has been decorated for a winter wonderland. This year Matt and I took Ethan, Sariah, Emily and Pablo (Matt's exchange student from Columbia). This was Pablo's third time skating. :) Emily was so excited. At first I got skates just for me because I figured she would want to have me pull her around. As soon as I sat down she asked where Emmy's skates were. So I went back up and got toddler skates. She had no trouble walking in the change room but the ice was a whole other story. She stood holding onto her metal skating frame and tried to run. Her feet going a mile a minute. The only reason she didn't fall was because she held herself up by the frame. I helped her around the rink once (with my arms going under her armpits and holding onto the front of the frame.) Then I pulled her around a few times. Then she decided she need to skate again but this time only holding onto my hands. She almost tripped me a few times with her crazy fast feet but it was so much fun. I'm not a very good skater but it was fun to go with Emily. At the end of the rink where the kids were playing hockey, Emily tried to convince me to should be allowed to play too. If you mention skating she will tell you, "Skate slippery." But she has asked to go again, this time with Papa. When we left the complex the snow was coming down and was actually sticking to the ground. Emily was in Heaven!


Click to play this Smilebox greeting: Skating 2009
Create your own greeting - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox greeting

No comments: