Thursday, December 24, 2009

Collin's First time swimming

Last night we went swimming at the pool with my parents, Steve, Matt, Ashley, Ethan and Sariah. When I told Emily we were swimming she said, "Thanks Mom I love swim." When I told her that we were meeting Ethan there she said, "I love swim E." So cute. This was Collin's first time swimming at the pool. He wasn't a fan of water during the summer. Actually he has only started liking baths since he can sit up. He LOVED the pool. He got frustrated because he wanted to swim without anyone. He crawled in a few shallow places and he loved that. Only problem was when he would try to go deeper. A few times his face went under the water, he came up spluttering and then giggling. He tried to crawl up the stairs out of the kids pool. Eventually he did by pulling himself to standing and then swiveling until his bum was on the next step. He was so proud. He even got back in the pool by himself! Landon helped Collin "slide" down the slide into the pool. He giggled and reached for it again. Emily has suddenly become aware of deep water and does not want to go anywhere by herself. She has finally become cautious. We used to have to watch her because she would try to go down the slide by herself. Now she won't go down it unless Landon is holding onto her and helps her. Both Collin and Emily were sad when it was time to leave. That is until Grandpa asked if we all wanted to go for ice cream at DQ...

They both slept well last night. I love the pool!

No comments: