Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Adult Night Out


My mom was kind enough to take both my kids this last Saturday night. Landon and I went to "The Dickens Dinner." A local restaurant, The Laughing Oyster, sponsors a dinner and dancing night for local businesses for their Christmas Parties. It was held at Dwight Hall which is an older hall here in Powell River. I have gone to a lot of events there and have always wished to go to a dinner and dance held there because it is beautiful! Well I finally got my wish. It was fun to hang out with Landon's co workers again. They are some of the nicest people I know. The food was good and the atmosphere couldn't be beat. I loved that our table had lit candles on it. Some of the fun memories are: 1. Heather and I dragging Landon up onto the dance floor. 2. Chuck, Landon's boss, consuming more liquor than I or his wife have ever seen him do and then watch him not be able to control his facial expressions when people did things. 3. Watching Heather's husband Andy grimace every time the band was off key. 4. Andy's crazy antics while Len tried to get a picture of Andy and Heather. (Andy is from Scotland and has crazy funny stories and jokes.) 5. Not being able to hear anything for 30 minutes after we left because the band was soooo loud. 6. Most importantly, Landon and I spending time together with no kids!
** Len and his wife will be sending me pictures of the night but since I would have to censor them they may not show up on here. Andy is funny when he has had a few drinks but .... **

3 comments:

Rita Peck said...

the hall looks beautiful

Rachel Kingsley said...

Fun night out! Great picture of you two - you look super relaxed and happy. The decorations are really nice.

Brian said...

How beautiful! I am so happy for you that you got to do this! and a big shout out for Landon actually getting up and dancing- Brian would rather stay home then have that happen to him- what a spoil sport he can be :) Go Landon- but hey, where's the picture of you dressed up??