Sunday afternoon Emily and I put up the Christmas tree. It was so much fun! She was so excited. She kept racing from the tree to Landon to give him an update. ie: "Daddy, Christmas lights are done." (when the lights were up) and "Look Daddy, its Christmas." (when the tree was done.) She put up all the ornaments (with me lifting her up when she filled up the bottom). She would take her time to place each ornament. I only have eight glass ornaments so she would point where they were to go and I put them up. I put our Christmas stockings up around our pellet stove and put up the nativities. I LOVE Christmas. I love the atmosphere it brings to my home. I wish I would remember it all year long. Emily turned to me and said, "Mommy, where Christmas candy canes." I said that they were in the cupboard. She pointed to the tree and said, "Candy canes." I handed her a handful and she put one next to every ornament within reach. I heard her say to the ornament that is an old fashioned pair of shoes, "Oh no, shoes sad no Christmas candy. It's okay shoe here you go." And then she placed a candy cane next to it. So cute! I love my little girl! Collin just likes to sit and look at the tree. Here are a few fun pictures from our adventure.

Emily in front of her finished tree

Emily wanted me to sit in front of the tree and she took my picture

Emily and mommy

Emily and mommy being silly

Collin watching us decorate the tree

"The stocking hung by the chimney with care..."

The finished tree area
2 comments:
awesome what fun.
Cute tree! I like the photo of you and Emily goofing around.
Post a Comment