Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Present for myself

We bought a storage ottoman when we moved into our house last November. I'd always wanted one and I loved the one we got. However Emily is very hard on furniture and the only one in town we could find was from Walmart. Do you see where I am going? Within a few weeks of Emily climbing onto it, one of the seams had split. I tried taking ribbon and gluing it down over the seams. Didn't look good and Emily found it was fun to pull off and pull out the stuffing from the ottoman. A few weekends ago I went to Nanaimo to shop with a friend. I was picking up material for my brother and sister in laws Christmas present and I spotted it. The perfect material. See the ottoman is black, as is our tv but most of what I own is brown with burgandy trim. This material brought in all the colours. So last night instead of finishing up presents I decided to re finish the top of the ottoman. I LOVE it! So does Landon. Emily was so cute while I was doing it. She said, "I help you?" She sat on my lap while I sewed. She even took pictures as I was cutting and putting the tacks in. Enjoy the pictures.

Before


Picture Emily took of me cutting out material


Picture Emily took of me putting in the tacks, etc


Finished Product


My beautiful Model


Silly Emily

4 comments:

Unknown said...

O my heck you are amazing! It looks like you bought that way and spent a lot! :) I am jealous of your skills. I would love to be crafty. It's beautiful! I LOVE the material!

Rachel Kingsley said...

I really like that material. I can't believe you can do things like that! I would never attempt that in a million years (can only imagine how gross my attempt would looks!). Great job!!!

Rita Peck said...

looks awesome. love it

Janice Tofsrud said...

Gorgeous! Love Emily's pajamas too!