Monday, July 25, 2011

Memory Filled Day

We took the kids to see Chris Bloeming today. It was really nice to see her. I was sad when her husband passed away and she has often been in my thoughts. The kids loved her and her dog Misty. It helped that Chris gave the kids cookies and chocolates. Landon showed Emily a picture of Bill and Chris and explained that Bill had died. Emily brought me to the picture and told me that Bill had died. I told her that I knew that and expressed to her how Bill had loved her. She stroked his face in the picture and told me how she wished she could have seen him one last time. It was quite sweet. It was a nice visit. We left when Collin started to get a little naughty and I was afraid he might break something. I really love Chris and enjoyed the time we were able to spend with her. I hope this is not our last time together.


When we got home I inflated Emily's swimming pool (that I purchased when she was a year old), the Spiderman slip and slide (that I purchased when she was two) and various other swimming toys. Emily and Collin ran around in their swimsuits jumping through a sprinkler toy my mom had. They were so excited to help me fill the pool with water. I got into my bathing suit and demonstrated to them how to use a slip and slide. Emily was in heaven while Collin decided the water was not quite warm enough for him. Emily couldn't quite get the whole thing. She would run up to the slide and then drop to her knees. And not move. Finally she started to sit down and Landon or I would give her a push. After we splashed in the pool. I was able to take some really fun photos which will help us remember the good times. Emily kept practicing on the slip and slide, waiting for my dad to get home from work. By the time Papa was in his swimming trunks Emily was able to get herself 2/3 of the way down the slide by herself. By the end of the night she could go the whole way. She was so proud of herself. Sariah and Ethan arrived and quickly stripped down to their underwear and joined in the fun. Matt has 2 billets from Mexico staying with him, a mother and daughter. The daughter stripped down to her bathing suit and had a blast. She never quite figured out the slip and slide but she had fun in the sprinkler. Lots of fun memories.

We all headed to mini golf after dinner. Collin was hilarious. He would hit the ball with his plastic club, chase after it, pick it up, place it at the edge of the hole and then hit it in. It made me giggle. Emily and Ethan would hit their balls at the same time and then rush after them. Very entertaining. Sariah stood and cheered for them on the sidelines. Steve golfed a very good game with Papa bringing up the rear. After a really fun game of golf we had ice cream. Emily had her cotton candy ice cream cone (her new obsession) while Collin had his orange "baby" cone. It was a lot of fun!

No comments: