Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Funny Moments

I have fallen behind on this blog but I wanted to record a few humourous things.

1. Maternity Pants
When packing for our trip to Powell River for the month of July, I packed one pair of pants. A pair of jeans. I figured that we were camping the third weekend and it may rain a few times. I did not count on rain for the first 7 days we were here. If not more than that. I tried to wear capris a few times but found I was rather cold. How did I know remember how much rain we get here? To be far to myself there has been more than usual but still! One morning I realized that it was too cold for shorts or capris and Collin had wiped food on my jeans and I hadn't washed them. Oops. It was then that I remembered that my sister in law Ashley gave me back all the maternity stuff she borrowed. There was one pair of maternity jeans in the bag. I wore them to work.... Yep. I folded the waist band down and it worked as a belt so I had jeans that stayed up. I felt a little weird but they definitely were warm and quite comfortable. My husband said he felt they looked as good as my other jeans. Hmmmm. :) They have been employed a couple of other times. I did buy a pair of lounge pants and another pair of yoga pants while at Costco on the weekend so now I have more pants. And of course the weather has turned warm. :)

2. Emily is learning in primary the hymn, "Praise to the Man." She practices it daily. Her favourite part is "Hail to the prophet! And the elephants!" Yeah she isn't a hundred percent on the words but the tune is really good. Yesterday she and Collin were singing in the car. Suddenly she said, "Let's go crazy!" She and Collin sang the "Hail to the prophet!" line over and over while fist pumping into the air. I was busting a gut laughing. I love my kids!

No comments: