We received a phone call from the secretary of the US Senator who is looking into our case. The consulate had still not contacted her but she had called a contact in the US Dept of Naturalization office who looked up our case. It said that the consulate had contacted us on July 16th by letter. It stated that one of our forms had not been signed and that we needed to still prove Domicile for Landon. As I got off the phone with her we got a phone call from my old landlord. There was a letter in our mailbox from the US Consulate in Montreal. Landon drove over and got it. It ends up that our sponsorship had accidently not been signed. They were returning it. The letter was in response the email we had sent two weeks ago. They also requested that I send my passport. Which I sent at the beginning of June. My guess is that they have not yet opened up the package I sent by Purolater that contains my passport and Landon's acceptance letter from ISU. We have sent everything by email to Rita who is going to get the right forms signed and send a package the fastest way possible to Montreal tomorrow. I included a letter letting them know about my passport. Hopefully it hasn't been lost...
We will probably have to wait another 2-4 weeks after they receive the paperwork before the visa arrives. It looks like the kids and I will be in Powell River for most of the summer. Landon is heading down to Idaho this weekend because he has stuff that needs to be done before he can get his classes for September. Hopefully this will go by quickly so that I will be able to get my green card in time to teach by September 1st and so we can buy the house we are looking at. Everything hinges on the visa. Please keep us in your prayers.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
oh my, hang in there, if you need anything let me know.
I didn't not realize what a big deal it is to get across the border. No wonder there are so many illegal immigrants, j/k:)
So sorry I can't imagine the stress you are going through. Hope things work out sooner than later.
Post a Comment