Friday, July 23, 2010

Collage

I am so excited for the home we are buying. I have been thinking about how I want to decorate. Since we are on a tight budget I have been searching the web for creative cheap ideas. I decided that I really wanted to have a wall that celebrated families. I ordered a really neat "Family Tree" that I will personalize when I get down to Idaho. I want to surround it with family pictures. And I saw two cute signs at a hallmark store that gave the definition for parent and child. I am not artistic enough to paint so I used picnik.com to create these two pictures:


I wanted to have some reminders of Canada after I leave so I chose to use a picture of a maple leaf and a dogwood branch. I mounted the pictures on foam board. The total cost of the project is $4 a picture. I'm excited to finally get to Idaho and settle into my house!

1 comment:

Rita Peck said...

Love the collages. Gorgeous. Can't wait for you to come and help you unpack and decorate your house