Emily had an adventure this afternoon that has left me wondering, what do you do with a two year old? I was at my mom's house doing laundry and of course Collin wanted to be fed. I was sitting in the tv room watching tv with Emily. She kept leaving the room but would come back watch more and leave again. She was carrying a shovel from my parent's sandbox. I didn't think much of it and I wasn't really in a position to get up and follow her. When I was done feeding Collin, Emily asked me to come with her and see the sand. I was a bit puzzled as there is no sand in my parents house. (Emily loves the sand table at strongstart.) So off to the kitchen we go where I discovered that Emily had made her own sand play area. She had dumped out about 9 cups of my mom's white sugar onto the floor. She had made roads and piles all over the place. I just stood there. She was so proud of it and then she looked at my face and her little face dropped. I felt horrible for ruining her surprise but all I could see was the mess. She told me, "Uh oh". I had to take some pictures. It is funny now but still....... I don't want to stunt her creativity but it was 9 cups of sugar. Lucky for Emily, she has a grandma with a strange sense of humour who found the whole thing rather entertaining.
Monday, March 16, 2009
What do you do with a two year old?
Emily had an adventure this afternoon that has left me wondering, what do you do with a two year old? I was at my mom's house doing laundry and of course Collin wanted to be fed. I was sitting in the tv room watching tv with Emily. She kept leaving the room but would come back watch more and leave again. She was carrying a shovel from my parent's sandbox. I didn't think much of it and I wasn't really in a position to get up and follow her. When I was done feeding Collin, Emily asked me to come with her and see the sand. I was a bit puzzled as there is no sand in my parents house. (Emily loves the sand table at strongstart.) So off to the kitchen we go where I discovered that Emily had made her own sand play area. She had dumped out about 9 cups of my mom's white sugar onto the floor. She had made roads and piles all over the place. I just stood there. She was so proud of it and then she looked at my face and her little face dropped. I felt horrible for ruining her surprise but all I could see was the mess. She told me, "Uh oh". I had to take some pictures. It is funny now but still....... I don't want to stunt her creativity but it was 9 cups of sugar. Lucky for Emily, she has a grandma with a strange sense of humour who found the whole thing rather entertaining.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
I could totally see mom getting in there and playing with her. Props to Emily for being creative. I don't think my kids would even think about it which is good since I have big bucket full of it.
Your such a good Mom!!! I have to remind myself constantly that it's not a big when things like that happen, I forget the camera and get to cleaning up instead or worse, I lose my temper. I need to start thinking what would Tamara do :)
NICE!!!!
I second what Rita said, I can totally see your mom in there playing with her.
I too have a big bucket of sugar both upstairs and in food storage. Glad my kids haven't discovered it could be used like sand.
Congrats again on baby Collin.
Oh Emmy! She is just too cute and smart for her own good. Very creative on her part! I love the picture with her in it standing by her work. Gotta love 2 year olds!
Post a Comment