We had a wonderful weekend down in Nanaimo. We headed down on the first ferry on Saturday. That way we got some window shopping in before Landon's first meeting. Its so nice to get out of town as a family. It was a great morning except for Emily deciding that she should listen to us in parking lots. It is terrifying chasing a two year old in a busy parking lot! Emily, Collin and I hung out at the church while Landon was in his meeting. I figured there were more places for Emily to run around than our hotel room. Emily was so into running she ended up tripping someone in the hallway. I came out of a room trying to catch her to see someone just hitting the floor. And there was my daughter, not even looking back, running down the hallway cutting off two more people. SO embarrassing! Luckily the man wasn't hurt. He is my age so at least he was able to get up! We are definately going to working on the whole running away and listening to mom when she calls. The things you learn about your children when you take them out of their regular schedule.
That night after the adult session of conference my parents were nice enough to take Emily so that Landon and I could go out (with Collin). We went to visit Rachel and Justin Kingsley. I can definitively say now that they are among the nicest people I have ever known in my life. We talked and laughed until 2:30 am. It is amazing how spending time with friends can make all your concerns about life melt away. Thank-you for letting us come over and visit. We look forward to the next time we can come and hang out. :)
Thankfully, Collin and Emily had no problem sleeping in the next morning so we were able to go to conference rested. Emily did farely well for the first half. The second half was not so good. At one point, when I was out with Collin, Emily decided to test her father by going up to the front and sitting on the steps up to the stand. The problem is if you go to get Emily she thinks that its a game and runs. Because of this Landon tried to ignore her. This worked until the musical number when she decided to go onto the stand and hide under the piano. When he went to get her she ran away. Luckily right into my dad's arms. So embarrassing! After that we kept her out in the nursery room with some other children. It worked okay, except for a few times when she hit her cousin and I had to take her to timeout. There are times I wonder where my child has disappeared to and who is in her place! Good thing that I love her!
The Lord definately blessed us with a weekend that was filled with spiritual upliftment and great fun with friends and family. :)





1 comment:
not to worry. Cassie and Emily seem like to peas in pod right now. besides most people pass it off as being a little kid.
Post a Comment