Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Child's Perspective

I find that when I stop to listen to what Emily has to say, it usually brings a smile to my face. Like today, she kept pointing to the shelf above the computer and saying Barbie. I asked if she wanted to watch Barbie on the computer. Then I realized that she was pointing to the statue I have of Christ on the shelf. It depicts Christ holding a baby and a woman kneeling beside him. I'd forgotten that Emily thinks the woman is Barbie. Only a little child would assume that. :) She loves for me to bring it down and she talks to all the three figures. She calls them Jesus, Barbie and baby. She would play with them for most of the day if I would let her. I love listening to my daughter; her perspective on life is so simple and uncomplicated. I want to change my perspective so that I can see the world more like a little child. I think that life would be a lot less stressful if I did.

1 comment:

Rita Peck said...

She is so cute. I love it.