A week ago we had our friend Bonnie over for a Guitar Hero night. I was getting something out of the cupboard when Emily spotted the cake mixes. She got excited so I thought, why not! Out came everything to make cupcakes. Emily climbed up on the chair and helped pour the wet ingredients, and she handled the electric beaters by herself. I did the eggs much to her dismay. She just took charge and started pointing at things for me to do everytime I tried to help with the beaters. :) She wanted to help pour the cupcakes in but I said no. The minute I turned around to see if the oven was preheated, she took the measuring cup and "finished" filling up the cupcakes.
Needless to say I need to not only empty some of the batter out but clean up the table. I told her she could fill a small cake pan with the rest of the batter. She was quite happy to do it but when she was done she insisted it still needed to be stirred.
Her favourite part, I think, was when they were cooked and I let her "ice" her cupcake and put candy stars on it. The next morning when she woke up she wanted to have it for breakfast as well!





1 comment:
That last picture of Emily looks just like you
Post a Comment