Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Swimming and Pregnancy

I have decided that swimming during pregnancy is a must. To celebrate my "little" brother Matt's 27th birthday, we had a belated dinner and swimming party with the family. My parents took the family out for swimming, reminiscing all the times in our childhood we took Matt swimming for his birthday. Landon, Emily and I haven't gone swimming at the pool since, well actually I can't remember the last time we took Emily to the pool. Maybe September..... Anyways, she feel back in love with water very quickly. (Though she is showing some fear/conciousness of water depth.) She discovered that she is now tall enough to walk either flat footed or jumping on tip toe through 2/3 of the little kids pool. Keeping a life jacket on her after that discovery was impossible. She was hilarious, both she and Ethan were. They are so fantastic together. Watch out world with the two of them together. I have a nice friend who gave me a maternity bathing suit when I was pregnant with Emily. I never ended up using it but it is fantastic! I hadn't realized how much my belly sticks out but it is still probably the cutest bathing suit I have ever owned. No I will not be modelling it in any pictures, you will just have to take my word for it. I floated around and played with Emily in the kiddie pool. I hadn't realized the weightlessness I was enjoying until Emily climbed up the side of the pool and took off for the big pool. I haven't moved that fast in a long time. Very quickly I realized how gravity played on me and the belly. YIKES! How do I live like that everyday? Emily learned to jump and then climb out of the pool, climbing up the side like a monkey. I do believe she is part monkey. Now we have to be even more diligent watching her. Usually she would climb out, look at me, say, "Uh-oh" and then walk (with my verbal reminder about not running) to the steps of the kiddie pool, and crawl backwards into the pool until it was too deep, turn around and walk in. My little grownup....

For an update on the pregnancy..... I did not experience any braxon-hicks with Emily but I am definately making up for it with this baby. Doctor checked me out and said it is because this baby has already decided to sit low. As in low enough that he checked to make sure it wasn't engaged. I am fine, no premie baby, but it means that I have more braxon-hicks, it's harder to stand for long times, and my range of movement is smaller. Wonderful! Makes work and an active toddler that much more fun! :) Except for being tired at the end of the day I am feeling fantastic! Really I have nothing to complain about (another text book pregnancy) and am learning to enjoy this pregnancy as much as I did Emily's. Emily likes to talk to my belly everyday, smacking it and saying, "Hi Baby!" If Emily sits on my lap or next to me than the baby lets their presence be known by kicking towards Emily. I am hoping it is because they are already best of friends and that there is no early sibling rivalry...... is that too much wishful thinking? :) My next doctor's appointment is February 6th. I am excited for it because that is also the deadline for me being able to stay in Powell River to have this baby. I get shipped out if I go into labour before 36 weeks. My belly has started growing in leaps and bounds. I will post a picture soon. One of these days I may even remember to pick up the baby's ultrasound picture which has been in for pickup since beginning of December. When I do, I will post it! I promise it will be before the baby is born! :)

1 comment:

Luscher Family said...

Your next, only 43 days to go! I'm glad you have had an uneventful pregnancy.