Wednesday, January 21, 2009
My newest project
Over my wonderful Christmas visits, I was inspired by my sister Rita and my sister-in-law Janie to decorate Emily's room. She hasn't had one picture hung on her wall since she was born. I just never got around to doing anything. Oops! :) I had good intentions but oh well. So while going through boxes I found the vinyl lettering I had my sister's friend do for me and felt that there was no better time than the present. So off to Rona I went, where my dad cut up old shelving for me into the sizes I wanted, bought my self a new drill bit, bought three "box" shelves, bought some craft paint and home as fast as I could drive legally. :) (Thanks dad for the help!) I utilized the new palm sander I got for Christmas and sanded down the shelves and boxes. (Thanks mom for the new power tool. You always know what I want!) Painted the boxes white, and drilled two holes in the shelves and then experimented with paint colours. It was hard to wait for the next day when I could put the lettering on! I have some really cute vinyl "bugs" that go safely on paint but I didn't want to put them up on Emily's walls since we won't be here forever. (Yes, I am putting bugs and butterflies up in my daughter's room. In bright colours no less....) Instead I hand painted my version of them on the signs. Emily LOVED them! Everyday she points to the wall and "reads" the signs to me. She remembers the one that says dance so all four seem to say that. :) I just wanted to post the pictures. I did make a sign with vinyl lettering that says, "Twinkle, twinkle little star," and I painted a star on it. It will go above the baby's bed, but since that isn't set up yet (a whole other story which illustrates how small our house really is...) I haven't taken a picture yet. As soon as the baby's corner of Emmy's room is done I will post a picture. :) And yes, the pictures in the "Angel" picture frame are of Emily when she was two weeks old till she was 5 months old. 



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment