Sunday, January 25, 2009

Great Week

I must say that this last week started as being very stressful and not fun and then it decided to go out with a bang! After three nights of not getting home from work until after five and running around on my feet all day, I didn't think that my body was going to make it. This baby is much more demanding than Emily ever was. A few of my coworkers have become quite concerned but I'm still hoping to not have to call it quits yet. As stressful as it is, I love my job! There are parts of it that I could do without but overall I love it. My husband has been very patient. Especially on Tuesday, when my mother reminded me at lunch that I was teaching the RS enrichment night about food storage. (No laughing, I learned lots and I am actually going to work on my storage now....). So I was at school planning my lesson until after 5, home for half an hour and then off to Relief Society for about two hours. Emily was asleep by the time I got home. It definately made me sad. Friday I had a workshop that I was presenting with a coworker. The rest of the week had been filled with trying to get do my job plus try and get ready for my replacement. CRAZY! I am hoping the next week will be better.

But starting Friday my week turned completely around. I love how the Lord looks after me. The workshop went really well. Plus Matt got a call on his cell and shared with me that I had a new neice. We had our friends Bill and Darlene over for dinner and a movie, and it was lots of fun! Saturday, we all went down to Nanaimo for the day. Landon had a stake meeting for church so Emily and I caught a ride down to do some shopping and visiting. We drove down with Matt, my mom and Bro. Kotyluk. We had a blast at the mall. There was a great sale at The Children's Place so we picked Emmy up some clothes. (The prices were so low that Landon was right in there finding stuff and we even let Emmy do some of the shopping... :) We found a Graco playpen with bassinet, etc. on sale in our price range so we got it for the baby. Landon went to Future Shop and Best Buy so it was a successful shopping day. :) While everyone was at the meeting, Emily and I headed over to my friend Rachel's house for a visit. Emily doesn't get to play with a lot of kids except for Ethan so it was nice for her to have other kids to play with. Rachel's daughter Claire is 20 days older than Emily. They got along well for nver playing together before. I did notice a few things that I need to work with Emily on social skills wise but it was a wonderful visit. Rachel's daughter Lauren is three months old so we chatted about pregnancy, etc. It was so fun, the two hours went by like it had only been 15 minutes. Good friends really are hard to come by. And it is hard especially when you only see them maybe twice a year. Thank goodness for Facebook. :) As you see the weekend was so good that I have decided it made up for the other part of the week.

I do know that I need to start taking it easier because I am really starting to feel EVERYTHING! :) Six weeks to go. I am sure it will go by much too quickly. I just want to send out a quick thank-you to all of you who have offered me your friendship through the years. I am sorry that at times I take it for granted. You are always there for me and forgive me my faults. You have made my life and at times it is that friendship that has gotten me through the hardest times. And many times you don't even know that you've helped!

2 comments:

Kenton and Haylee said...

Thanks for the internet info! It is scary what's out there and what is so accessible. Sorry you had a hard and busy week, but I am glad to hear your weekend was fun! I agree that you need to start taking it easy. for yourself and the baby. Don't work to hard ;).

Rita Peck said...

Glad the week ended well for you. Good luck with the last 6 weeks. It always feels like eternity. Good luck.