Thursday, October 2, 2008
Little important moments aka Dancing with my daughter .....
I just had the sweetest experience with my daughter. Landon rented Barbie "The Island Princess" a few days ago for Emily. She loves the music and characters. She watches it all the time. She even got my dad to snuggle with her last night to watch it with her. She even knows some of the words now and tries to sing along. Its really cute. I was sitting at the computer and I could hear the song finishing that is about her getting ready for the ball. Emily comes skipping into the computer room singing, "Apple" over and over again. I asked her if she was hungry. She smiled, grabbed my arm and said it again. I realized she was singing, "at ball." Which is what they repeat at the end of the song. ("I'm going to have a great time at the ball.") She pulled on my arm and said, "Mom, up" I followed her to the next room where she started saying, "Dance, Mom, Dance." I realized that the scene was now in the ballroom and she wanted to dance. (The other thing you need to know is when I don't know the words or its at an instrumental part I sing, "Do, Do, Do") We started dancing around in a circle holding hands. Suddenly she wanted up. I picked her up, she put one hand on my shoulder and held the other hand in front of her so we were in the same "walz" position. It was so cute. Suddenly I hear her, singing "To, to, to" (in tune) to the instrumental part of the song. She "sang" the song to me and was content to dance in my arms. I was so happy that I had taken this small little moment to see what my daughter wanted. It will be a memory I will cherish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
That is the cutest thing I have ever heard. What a sweet little girl you guys have! It just made me smile and almost brought tears to my eyes. Oh the things we can miss out on if we let our lives get too busy....I love little moments like this with my kids. It melts all other problems or negative feelings away!
I tell you Babie movies are WAY better than disney any day. My daughter loves all the movies and her brothers enjoy watching them with her. I love the dancing. What a memory. It is when you wish there was always a camera taping your life so you could watch it over and over.
Post a Comment