Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Curse of Wall-E

We have not seen the movie "Wall-E" yet. (Can't remember how to spell it.....) Landon did download the preview onto his PS3 so he could see how it looked. Emily is now obsessed with "Wall-Gee." Its the first thing she asks for in the morning and constantly throughout the day. As we were shopping on Saturday in Nanaimo, I realized how many different things have Wall-E on them. Emily could spot a video game or poster, or whatever from 15 feet away. Suddenly it was "Wall-Gee, Wall-Gee" over and over again. She tried to convince her dad that the video game would go on the "t-t" (t.v.) when he told her it wasn't a show. Wall-E even overshadowed her excitement of spotting "Tata" on dvd. (Viva Pinata, which we used to only have on Landon's 360.) She spotted it and started calling out loudly in the store "It's Tata, it's Tata." We thought she was crazy because we've been looking for it for over a year. We are now the proud owner of eight episodes and she loves watching it. (And so does her grandpa, don't let him tell you otherwise.) I don't know if she will even like the movie when she finally gets to see it in a couple of weeks. But I know that if I have to be greeted at the door with (Landon) "Emily, look who is home." (Emily) "It's Wall-Gee" I might have to go insane. But for now I laugh and swing her in a circle. Gotta love merchandising!

2 comments:

Rita Peck said...

My kids are the same way and they haven't even seen it either. Nic downloaded the demo and my kids want to play it all the time. I know Marty and Jamie's kids loved it. IT is at the cheap theater so we want to take our kids to see it. Just wait the marketing gets worse the older they get.

Kenton and Haylee said...

My kids are obsessed with Wall.E too. We took them to see it in the theater for Zack's birthday this past summer. They LOVED it. Kenton downloaded the movie trailer on our PS3 too so the kids can watch it and they do! Zack has a Wall.E shirt and we bought the PS3 Wall.E game. We're going to get them the movie for Christmas or Kenlee's birthday. We're also going to get Zack the Wall.E robot for Christmas. It's a good movie. Very cute. I believe you'll like it too :), same with Emmy, obviously!