I had a list of things that I wanted to accomplish this summer while I was not working. I was a little worried that the trip to Canada would make it impossible to complete the list. There is only one more item on the list to complete and the weather is too hot to be out in my garage organizing it so it is being relegated to the fall list. I was able to recover both the couch and loveseat for $140. Landon helped me pick out the material in Idaho Falls. I had material that worked for the decorative pillows as well. Thanks to the kindness of my mother (who bought me the parts Emily lost to my sewing machine) I was able to sew everything within 3 days! I love it! I am renting a carpet cleaner tomorrow to clean all our carpets. I reorganized my whole kitchen and love it! Landon helped me take our car in and vacuum it out and wash out the inside as the car wash guys washed the outside. Love it! I started using my job box again so my house is not only tidyed but deep cleaned. (The job box is what my mom had when I was a kid. Jobs are designated daily, every other day, weekly, every other week, monthly, every other month, every 6 months, yearly. Then you have the days of the months and names of the month and you rotate the jobs accordingly. It is so easy to do and once you get going it takes 30-60 minutes to clean your whole house every day.) I have bought all the wood and with Nic's help it is all cut so that I can build a bench for my kitchen table. Hopefully I can also get that done tomorrow as I have to work Tuesday. But at least there is Wednesday and Labor Day weekend for anything not completed. The Lord has truly blessed my family this summer. I was able to put together at least one playdate a week for the summer for my kids, and do many things as a family. I am actually quite sad to go back to work because I have loved being home with my kids. I wish that it was possible for me to be home. I know that soon it will be. I am counting on it. I am quite envious of all you stay at home moms.
Sunday, August 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment