Sunday, August 28, 2011

Ice Cream Party

Since we have been back from Canada, I have felt a little friendless. I think I am discovering that I am not as cool as I once thought I was. :) I decided that I need to put myself out there again and try to meet more people. So during sacrament meeting I wrote a note to Landon asking for his permission to invite some families over for an ice cream party for Family Home Evening the next night. He agreed. I ended up inviting 5 families but only 4 ended up showing up. The Steins brought ice cream and so did we. Everyone else supplied toppings. The families who came were the Steins (2 adults, 1 teenager, 3 kids), the Johnsons (2 adults, 2 kids), the Swallows (1 adult, 1 teenager, 1 kid), and the Hulits (2 adults, 2 teenagers). The adults and teenagers hung out in the living room while the kids were in the toy room or outside. It was a lot of fun! Everyone had a blast and we are already talking about the next one. A couple of families didn't end up leaving until 9:30. It helped me remember that I really am blessed by being surrounded by some really nice people.

No comments: