On the way home from Canada Emily asked if she could have a girl party. She wanted to have manicures and pedicures and make pretty necklaces. I said yes but told her we weren't going to a salon for nails. We planned the party for the first Wednesday after we made it back (Aug 3rd). On Tuesday Emily, Cassie and I went out and picked up nail polishes for each girl. Then we hit the craft store where they selected pink and purple beads. I picked up a flower, matching ribbon, etc. We used the party boxes from Naomi's bridal shower in Pocatello to package up the nailpolishes, a little treat and some princess stickers. They would add their necklaces when they were done making them. Emily invited Cassie, Hallie, Mady, and Abby. Abby wasn't able to make it at the last minute but the other girls had fun. Rita stayed at the beginning to help me paint the girls nails and toe nails. While they dried Rita read them Pinkalicious and Goldilicious. The girls loved it. Maggie asked if she could stay and Emily said yes. The girls made their necklaces, which turned our really cute. Emily had asked for pink food so their were sugar cookies with pink icing, watermelon, strawberries and pink juice. She chose cookies and cream ice cream because their wasn't cotton candy ice cream at the store. When Mady's mom came by to pick her up Mady and her brother Bodi didn't want to go so I said that they could stay while mom went home to nap as she was 9 months pregnant. :) Rita called a little while later to ask if I could look after the rest of her kids plus Jamie's kids and babysitting kids. She and Jamie were delivering cookies for the fundraiser they had done for their brother in law's surgery. I decided the more the merrier so 9 more kids joined our party. That brought the total to 16 kids (including mine). The kids were really good and there wasn't any fights. I chopped up the rest of the watermelon, made ice cream cones and sent everyone out to the yard. It was only for an hour so it all worked out. My in laws pulled in for a short visit as Rita and Jamie walked over to pick up the kids. The kids and I went over to Rita and Nic's house for a celebatory BBQ for Nic passing a test at work. All in all it was a wonderful, perfect day!
Sunday, August 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
so glad you took the kids. the party was awesome
Post a Comment