Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Two Memories of Emily

I go back to work and the blogs pretty much stop. :) Work has kept me so busy and when I am home I just want to be with the kids. Facebook has become something that I do maybe once a week. Going back to work has put all my other priorities in place. My kids and family time has become so precious. Here are the memories that stand out from the last few weeks.

1. Last week Emily asked me to skip with her. In the mall. Down the hall to the next store. She has become quite an accomplished skipper. I on the other hand have become very awkward. At first I was hesitant but then I grinned and joined in. By the time we got to the store we were both giggling so hard that we were barely staying on our feet. I love my little girl for keeping me young at heart.

2. When Emily was first learning to talk Landon rolled his eyes when I kept reminding Emily to say Pleases, Thank-you, Sorry and Your Welcome. Now she is more polite than I am. For example: We got home from town and were all coming into the house. Landon turned to catch the door and practically stepped on Emily. She looks up at him and says, "Sorry daddy." And then merrily goes on her way. She always says please and "Thank-you mommy". She will even walk up and ask for a hug and kiss. Her language is growing in leaps and bounds. (When she chooses) she has the most sweet little voice. She loves to sing to Collin. She will sing "her" bedtime song to him and then give him a kiss. Collin thinks the sun rises and sets around Emily (as does her mother.)

1 comment:

Rita Peck said...

What fun times. Great memories.