Monday, October 19, 2009

30th Birthday

I love birthdays.... always have but mostly I love giving birthday parties. I am not someone who is afraid of giving my age, I love that I am getting older. I don't enjoy giving myself birthday parties. So for the last six years I haven't celebrated my birthday. I usually invite my parents, Matt and his family over and we have cake. Every year I wish I had done something a little more. I wanted to make my 30th birthday special but work made that impossible. I have been so busy at work that I just didn't have time to plan anything. And so stepped in my mom. She called and invited people to go out for dinner with us on my birthday. I was looking forward to my birthday!

I woke up to a phone call from Rita and her kids singing me happy birthday. I was able to have a really nice conversation with Rita. Then Naomi called and sang me happy birthday. I called Ashley and sang her happy birthday. By this time Emily was sitting up in her bed. I told her that it was my birthday. To which she said, "Happy Day to you Mommy." Yeah the perfect morning. Landon and Collin got up before I headed out the door. Emily brought me my gift from the three of them. It was a movie I had been wanting to see! Then I was off to work.

I had the perfect day at work on my birthday. I can't remember the last time that actually happened. My behaviour kids had no outbursts and were on time for class. (A first) I was happy and laughing all day. No one knew it was my birthday and it was just a relaxing day. I told two of my coworkers (Alan and Monty) during our after school meeting/tea and cookies time. I was home by 4:30 (which also doesn't happen often). Just as I came home my sister in law Janie called to wish me a happy birthday. It was nice to sit and chat with her.

We had dinner at Sky Dragon Restaurant (Chinese food, mmm). Lots of people came which was so nice. I received some very nice balloons, Kindor chocolate, a beautiful necklace (thanks Mom!), religious bookmark and beautiful cards. It was such a nice evening. My friend Roberta and her family were still in town so they came for the dinner. It was nice to sit and chat with her since I don't see her very often. Thanks mom for the fantastic day.

I had planned to get together with some friends from work, etc to celebrate but the first night was cancelled because I had to work at the last minute and then when I moved it only Jody and Ashley could make it. Ashley gave me a fantastic cookbook and a craft to help me start journalling.

It was a fantastic day. Thank-you to everyone who helped with the gift Rita made for me. It means a great deal to me. I will treasure it always!

Me and my kids on my birthday


All the friends who attended my birthday dinner. (Not shown Robb)

3 comments:

Rita Peck said...

Wow quite the dinner party. Glad things went well. I still have to send your book. Sorry. I promise it will get to you :) Love you sweetie and next year we will spend our birthday together K!

Lyndee said...

Happy Birthday "T"! Sounds like you had a great day!

Unknown said...

I really really wish I could have been to the dinner! I'm sorry Ididn't even wish you a happy birthday! So happy late birthday!! :) I miss you guys! I wish I could come up and see you. You have the two cutest kids and I totally understand when you talk about not being able to describe your love for them. :) It's a mommy gene I think. Hugs from us down here!