Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Tribute to my Parents


I just wanted to publicly thank my parents for all that they do for me and others. They have been a great example to me of charity. As a teenager I remember all the times my dad went to help others and when he got home late he would start to mow the lawn. There were times it didn't get mowed but I never saw him complain. I remember my mom always had enough food to share, even with short notice. (Including when I would tell her that I had invited the visiting family at church to dinner.) And it was served happily. When my parents see a need they fill it. (Even if it is to give away the bed they were just given or lawn mower because "someone else needs it more and I can make due with _________.") They do not seek out acknowledgment for what they do, just quietly do their callings, serve in the community and help their children with whatever need they have, big or small. I am grateful for the example they have set and I hope to emulate it with my own children.

Mom and Dad (aka Grandma and Papa): I know that my little family has been blessed by your selflessness and I want you to know that it is noticed and appreciated.

2 comments:

Rita Peck said...

Amen to all that. Really could we have more selfless parents. They amaze me.

Janice Tofsrud said...

I always loved visiting your family back in the day, you were all such great people and so much fun (and you still are!). It obviously started with your parents - they set such a great example for all you kids.