Sunday, December 7, 2008
"Mommy, it's mess!"
Last night, I heard a crunching noise in the kitchen and I quietly head in that direction to investigate. To my surprise (well not complete surprise) I found Emily, surrounded by cookie crumbs, sprinkles, and some corn flakes. She had found the flakes on the table and the other two ingredients in an empty cookie container her father had left on the table. She promptly scattered them all over the floor around her. I said, "Emily, what is going on?" (Actually in a nice tone since it was pretty hilarious.) She quickly jumps up, runs a few feet, throws her hands in the air and says, "Mommy, it's mess!" (Picture a look of horror on her face.) I say, "I noticed." I call for Landon, he comes in. Emily again repeats, "Daddy, it's mess!" Landon asks, "Who made the mess Emmy?" Her reply, "No, it's mess." (Translation: Don't know, it's a mess.) So I told her she had to vacuum up the mystery mess. She was quite happy to comply. She even brought the vacuum back out after Landon put it away, plugged it in, turned it on and proceeded to vacuum the play area. (I wish that this fascination with the vacuum will last to her teens.) I tried to hide my laughter, but I will always remember her little voice saying in a surprised, horrified tone, "Mommy, it's mess!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
That hilarious. Did you take a picture? I wish I had with Tyson's Curious George episode. What a fun memory.
I hadn't thought about taking a picture. Silly me. I never seem to think of taking them. And this is my first child. What will become of the other?!!! :)
That's cute!! i love how they are so helpful sometimes! Erin loves to vacuum her messes all the time too! Now only if we can keep their enthusiasm up until they move out of the house :)
Love your blog...and hope you are doing well. Can't wait to hear and see the new additon to the family!! So exciting! Take care.
Post a Comment