Monday, December 8, 2008

Pictures from the Past

I am putting together a book of pictures for my Grandma Knoll for Christmas. It has been fun to look through pictures of my cousins when they were little and also their kids, etc. My mom gave me a couple of photo albums to go through as well. I found a treasure trove of pictures that are not going into the book but brought back lots of memories. Let me walk you through them. :)


My parents wedding photo. I love it! My dad had gotten his hair and beard trimmed for the occasion. I am so grateful they took a chance on each other and worked through the hard times.

My grandma and grandpa Hull. Both of my grandfather's passed away before I was four so I just love to look back and remember their faces. Both Grandma and Grandpa are gone now but they have left a legacy and lots of happy memories. What else could you ask for?


Grandma and Grandpa Knoll. I still have the chance to make memories with my Grandma Knoll and I am still reminded of Grandpa when someone walks by smoking a pipe and I smell his brand of tobacco. Funny how I can't remember much but smell brings it all back. :)
I think that today I am mostly grateful for the knowledge of eternal families. Thanks mom and dad for taking that leap of faith!

2 comments:

Rita Peck said...

Great pictures. I have the same memories when I smell pipe tobacco.

Slaves of Intensity said...

Tamara- I love these pictures! They make me smile so hard that my face is hurting because my dad had the great big beard too and my mom that sweet, I just got married look to her. What a time to be alive, I kinda wish we had been around then to experience it (or just remember how we laughed at them:)