In four hours Landon and I leave for the Philippines. Well at least the first leg of our trip, getting to Seattle. :) We are extremely excited to go except we are both feeling anxiety about leaving Emily. She probably won't even notice that we are gone. Because I haven't added anything lately I will leave a quick update.
First, Landon. Well he is doing grand. Work is going well and he loves that I'm home more. What can I say, he loves me! (And the freedom that comes with having two adults home with Emily!)
Second, Me. I am very excited to have work done and spending more one on one with Emily. I have loved that last 4 days where it has been primarily just the two of us. I have a fantastically cute and smart daughter who surprises me more each day. Life doesn't get much better.
Thirdly and most importantly, Emily. Its been an eventful few weeks. She was able to go on the amusement park rides at SeaFair for the first time this year. She went on a train, an infatable Cars Slide and a flying ride. She loved them, though the flying one got a little scary after about four times around. I climbed onto the train with her so that she could go. The things that you do for your child. :) She went to the fireworks at SeaFair and has developed a new passion. She kept pointing to the sky saying "Wow!" or pointing to the ocean and saying "boom!" (Some of the fireworks explode off of the water. They are awesome but very loud. Her vocabulary grows each day. Just the other day I asked if she was taking her purse to the beach with her. Now she goes looking for her purse to take to people and say "puwse." She has also learned how to turn on the guilt. My dad lets her ride on the lawn tractor with him as he mows the lawn or pulls a trailor around with stuff on it. Well he had to back the tractor and trailor to the back of the property. To do that he put her down on the lawn and told her that she could get back on in a minute. Her response was to hold her hands to together, hang her head and stand there looking dejected until my dad picked her up. It was hilarious! She tried it later on her dad and I which just ended up with her dad tickling her till she was laughing. She keeps us on our toes.
Speaking of Emily I want to go spend some more time with her before I leave so I must sign off. Below I have included the link to the summer photo album I have made on Facebook. You can see it by clicking on the link. You don't have to have a facebook account.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=58431&l=6080a&id=546590128
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Great update. Loved the pics. Fixed the links so that they were linked to a URL. Love you guys.
Post a Comment