Sunday, December 11, 2011

Emily's First Field Trip





Emily's first preschool field trip was during the second week in October. I decided to take a personal day and take her on the field trip. I drove Cassie as well as Rita had Maggie's dance class. We were all excited to go to the corn maze, do some fun activities and pick out some pumpkins. Sadly, just after we arrived Cassie accidently squirted hand sanitizer in her hands. It was really sad because she had gone into the porta potty proud to go all by herself, and the hand sanitzer didn't squirt downwards but right into her eye. I asked her if she wanted to sit out but she wanted me to carry her in the corn maze. I told her the tears would help the eyes feel better. I carried her crying through the maze. Sad to say I lost patience with her because Collin kept running away so I couldn't find him and I wasn't able to carry her the whole time so sometimes she refused to walk and would just cry. It was a really long maze for that reason. I felt extremely bad for all of the kids because of my poor attitude. It wasn't the kids who were upseting me so much as it was the fact that there were parents everywhere who knew what was going on and no one offered to help. Instead they would loudly tell their kids about how some kids push in mazes and they shouldn't (when Collin would push by), or remind their kids that parents should keep their kids with them at all time in the maze, etc. I was very disappointed and extremely embarrassed. When we got out of the maze Rita was waiting for Cassie. (Cassie was better by later that afternoon.) My kids were excited to play with the bean bag toss, and the kiddie corn maze. They loved picking out mini pumpkins to take home.


The kids all ready to go (It was cold outside when we first left but it warmed up.)

The kids at the beginning of the corn maze


Collin running through the kids maze


Emily and Collin with their pumpkins

1 comment:

Rita Peck said...

sorry it was so rough for you. of all times for me not to go. don't blame you cause I woulld have lost my patience with her without watching other kids