I just had the best birthday weekend ever! (pictures to come if I ever download them from my camera.)
Friday -
My sister Rita, Landon, and my friend Lorilee conspired to throw me a surprise birthday party and they totally succeeded. Rita told me that she would take my kids Friday night so Landon and I could go out for dinner. We went out to Ruby Tuesday (which was pretty good food) and I was so hungry I ate way more than I should. I felt extremely full. Landon told the waitress it was my birthday so she gave me a free scoop of ice cream. We drove home and Landon let me be the first one to walk through the door. As soon as I started to walk in this really loud roar of "Surprise!" hit me as my nephew Tyson almost tackled me. I was in a little shock. My friend Alicia said I went into a defensive pose and was worried I may hit someone. It was extremely overwhelming. I got over it quickly and I became overwhelmed with the work Rita had put in to everything. (I should have known something was up since Landon had cleaned the house spotless during the day. I assumed it was because it was my birthday.) She had made decorations and TWO cakes. The Moores, Hymas', Johnson's, Peck's, Loveland's and Marjanna Hulet all came. (13 adults, 13 kids.) On Sunday I had two other families tell me that they had not been able to make it plus our friends the Stein's couldn't make it and came the next night. It was a really full house. Thanks to Landon for allowing it! It was nice to sit around and visit as all the kids went downstairs to play. A mystery did unfold as the toy shelving came crashing down ontop of Caleb who was luckily unhurt because of the cushiness of the crash bag. None of the kids came explain how it became unachored from the wall... Luckily no one was hurt and one of these days I will fix it. :)
Saturday -
The kids let us sleep in and then they climbed into bed with us. So nice! We just snuggled and visited for a little while. My friend Alicia lent me her lawn mower as ours is broken so that we could mow. (Alicia and I arranged this when I was at my dinner the night before. She texted and asked what I was up to because her husband was at work and she was bored. She was actually waiting in my living room for me to get home. Silly girl!) I was able to winterize our yard because Rita had cleaned my kitchen before leaving Friday night. I swapped out everyone's summer clothes for the winter. Lorilee, Rita, Crystal and I all went out for lunch at Butterburr's. Delicious food! Landon babysat Caleb Lorilee's little boy so that we only had to take her son Emmett. Thanks Landon! We sat around and chatted for over an hour. So nice! I picked up a cake from Costco on our way home. Rita and I split it as we were both having separate get together's at our house that night. In the mail I got a birthday card from Rita's inlaws, Clarence and LaRie. They wrote me really nice notes and gave me a $2 which is what they give their grandchildren on their birthday. It made my day. I made the birthday cake for Rita and my joint party Sunday night. Rita had requested a "candy basket" cake. Easiest cake I have ever made but SUGAR OVERLOAD! I had the Johnson's and the Stein's over that night. I had invited a couple other families but they had been unable to come. My birthday present from Landon was that I was allowed to invite over a few families to get together for cake and games and he would be social. :) He was a sweetheart and did it two nights in a row! It was lots of fun.
Sunday -
The kids let us sleep in again and I read a few more chapters in the book I was reading. I got the kids ready and ran out to drop off some flowers and a card for a friend who is going through some rough stuff right now. Emily loved it because she ran up to the door, laid everything on the door mat, knocked on the door and ran away before the door opened. She thought that was the coolest game. :) Collin was a pill most of the day as he was tired from two full days. Sacrament meeting was really good. I had to take Collin out before it was over because he was trying to run around. Out in the hallway I saw Rita and a bunch of her friends. They all wished me a Happy Birthday and I got lots of hugs. Rita looked gorgeous in her new birthday dress. A few friends in my ward gave me cards which was really thoughtful of them. Lots of birthday wishes as well. Then the next two hours of primary was practicing for the primary presentation. That was actually a lot of fun. The best birthday present was that Lorilee's son Emmett came to me without crying even though I walked away from his mom and dad. :) I fed him my cake on Friday trying to bribe him that he loves me. :) I'm going to keep working at it until Lorilee and Brad will be able to leave him with me so that they can have a date night. Emily did really well with her part and sang well. I get to sit with her class and they are just so adorable. I am really excited for next Sunday. We went home from church to a beautiful roast in the crockpot. YUM! I did up some potatoes in the oven and some steamed carrots. Perfect! My dad called me at the end of dinner to give his birthday wishes. They put it off till after church so that I could sleep in. :) So thoughtful! It was great to chat with my dad and I loved chatting with my mom afterwards. I have the best parents. My mom is sending Rita and I for a little pampering for our present. Nic is in charge of setting it up so I don't know all the details yet. We headed over to Rita's for a joint family birthday party for Abigail, Rita and I. I can't believe she is 1 already. Nic's siblings (who live in the area) and his parents all came as well. Jamie (Rita's sister in law) was really sweet and gave me some lotion and shower gel from Bath and Body Works. I love the scent! We visited for a few hours and then went home and put our children to bed. I then finished my day finishing my book. (With few interruptions: a phone call from Naomi and a text from Sheryl.) Perfect Day!
Monday -
I finally got a chance to check my email and there were over 50 birthday wishes on my facebook page. So much love. Made my day. Right before lunch a bunch of 8th graders came into my room with a big poster that said, "Happy Birthday Mrs. Palmer." They then sang me Happy Birthday. It was my friend Marilana's social studies class. They asked how old I was and I told them. They were sweet and acted surprised that I was 32. A few of my students said they would have guessed 25. (Mid terms come out in two days, I think they were looking for some extra credit. :) )
Thank-you to all those who made my birthday such a wonderful day!
Monday, October 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment