Monday, October 18, 2010

A Little Green Card

I just got home from work and grabbed my mail on the way into my house. I found a third "Welcome to the United States" letter promising that I should hear from them within 30 days. Its the third one in a week. I was laughing about it as I opened the next letter that was coming from Texas with no return name above the address. Inside I found a pamphlet for new immigrants and my very own GREEN CARD!!!! Yep pretty much everything on the card is in different shade of green but now I can officially stay in the country, work, pay taxes, etc etc until 2020. The best thing is that it means that we can start the process of purchasing our FIRST house. Yippee!

2 comments:

Rita Peck said...

That's funny because my card didn't have hardly any green. It was red

Slaves of Intensity said...

I'm so happy for you- it's about time, what a long road! and speaking for all American's I just want to say YEA!!!!