Thursday, May 10, 2012

New family tradition

When I graduated from Utah State University my Grandma Knoll gave me a "graduation" owl. He wears a graduation cap that says 2002 on it. Emily found it the other day and has been carrying it around with her. She told me that it is her graduation owl and she thanked me for giving it to her. She had "graduation" pictures on Tuesday for preschool. She has a matching cap at school and wants the owl to go with her to her graduation ceremony next Friday. I told her how I had gotten it and she was excited that it was being passed on to her. Not that I had much choice. I told her when Landon graduates then she can pass it on to him. She looked at me and said, "dad already graduated. That is why he is a grownup and not a little boy." I love my daughter. Thanks Grandma for a great keepsake to pass around our family.

No comments: