Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Finally!
I bought a cute pair of jeans from Buckle 1 year after I married Landon. I loved them. But by the time I had Emily they fit a little tight. Then after I had Emily I gave up ever fitting in them again. I was going to send them to the second hand store but a part of me just couldn't bear to do it. So they were packed away in a box. I didn't look at them again until we moved to Idaho. By that time I had Collin and I couldn't get them over my thighs. My sister, sister in laws, and good friends all seemed to lose their baby weight while mine seemed desperate to stay. Every January I dig out my exercise videos, drop a few pounds and think I am going to beat it this time. This last January was different. My friend Suzie had made me promise that after she had her son I would go to the exercise classes up at ISU with her. When she reminded me in December about my promise I was less than enthusiastic. But true to my word I went. Our friend Lorilee joined in and now I felt like I had to go because people were counting on me. After a doctor's appointment I had a goal weight set which was attainable and healthy. I started out strong as I was also having to report to my school nurse my progress due to a school district competition. By February I was a little discouraged as I had only lost 2 pounds. This was the smallest weight loss I have ever gotten in a month even though I was working out a 100 times harder, spent many sore days and was eating healthier. By the end of February I had not lost any more than those two pounds but I had gone down one pant size. March didn't see Any changes. By April I was discouraged. Then I went to see my little sister and she and my mom couldn't believe the changes. Everything had been gradual so I hadn't noticed losing the second pant size. No weight loss but I will take losing pant sizes. In the month of April I was able to lose 4 pounds due to cutting sugar out of my diet during the week. I am now 8 pounds from my goal. So tonight I decided to chance the pants from my past. They fit! My belly may hang over more than I'd like but they fit without me having to suck in, lay down, etc. It has been a long journey but because I have worked hard and it has been gradual with no dieting I hope thatI can maintain this. I just had to share because lately positive thoughts have had a hard time getting through the daily stresses. I am close to my goal and hope to meet it by the time I see my family in July. No pictures yet but soon we will get new family pictures and then I will post them. A big thanks tithe family and friends who have noticed the subtle changes and encouraged me not to give up. Thanks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
GOOD FOR YOU!!!! Gold medal for hard work and doing it the honest way (gradually) instead of a crazy fad diet. I'm so happy for you, you totally deserve it. {And by the way, I thought you looked good before too}.
Congrats- It's so hard to get back into shape with kids- you are my new teen idol ;)Great job!!!
Way to go! That is awesome Tamara! I bet you gained a ton of mucle which is why you didn't lose as much actual weight. It's so hard being taking care of kids and trying to exercise everyday, I can't imagine having kids, going to work all day and exercising too. You're awesome!
great job. You look amazing
Good for you Tamara, I bet that's a wonderful feeling!
Post a Comment