My mom used to read a book about an Easter Tree when I was just a kid. From that book she cooked the cookie in the story that had an egg in it and taught us how to hollow out eggs and paint them. Some of my favourite memories. I found the book the other day at Barnes and Noble's website. I bought it. It arrived yesterday. I had forgotten how beautiful the pictures are. I didn't remember that it talks about Dutch Easter traditions. Emily wanted me to read it to her right away! She loved the story and at the end she wanted to make our own Easter Tree. We went to Joann's to pick up a "tree" and some smaller decorative eggs so that I wouldn't have to paint too many. Emily stood next to me and directed me to what I was to paint. They are definitely not professional and not as nice as my moms but Emily declared them all beautiful and was so happy in the end. That just makes the whole thing worth it! Can you find the "C" and "E" eggs? They were Emily's idea. She painted the E herself with glitter paint so it is a little hard to read.
(The photo was taken on "my" new ipad. Our principal got them for us and I get to use it as long as I am employed here. :) It has been fun and my students are loving it today because I found some fun math apps.)





2 comments:
I love your Easter tree! What a cute idea and way to decorate. I should get that book for our family and start a tradition with it!
Cute!!
Post a Comment