I wanted to write down some wonderful memories from the weekend.
1. Picking Emily up from dance class (an extra makeup class) on Saturday. Nic had driven her because I was at choir practice. She was so proud to come out and show me her stamp that she got for listening in dance class. She is doing so well and I am so proud of her!
2. All the Snow! It started snowing early Saturday morning and snowed until almost 3pm. Emily and Collin were so excited! The Explorer drives fantastic (so far) in the snow and it was fun to watch the kids play in the snow.
3. Watching Emily make dinner. Emily really wanted to make dinner on Saturday night. So I decided that we would have tin foil dinners in the oven. I set out all the ingredients and let Emily assembly the proportions on the tin foil. (I put the raw hamburger in...) She was so proud of herself when they were done and she told each of us which was ours. She talked about it all night. My little girl is growing up!
4. Having friends over. Alicia and Blake Hymas came over last night to play games and have dessert. Landon said he felt a little old inviting them over at first but by the end of the evening he was thoroughly enjoying himself. Alicia is 26 and Blake is 24 which is why Landon felt old. But we laughed and played a fun game Boxers or Briefs. Hilarious get to know you game. Blake was fantastic with both of our kids who decided to be rather clingy and wanted to play the game with us. They stayed until 11pm! And the best part is that the next day at church they both talked about getting together again. I'm always nervous that people will be nice to us and then disappear because we are too weird or not cool enough. :) I'm really enjoying getting to know the other couples in our ward. Some really incredible people!
5. Walking to church in the snow. We are only 3 blocks from our meetinghouse and so we walked to church on Sunday. Both Emily and Collin were mesmorized by the snow. Emily ran across the lawn at church because she wanted to make tracks. Of course her feet were soaking wet and she spent sacrament meeting barefoot. :)
6. Singing in the choir. I love singing in the choir. But I don't have the best track record with them. It has been so much fun to belong to our ward choir. The members are so nice. I've even convinced Suzanne and Alicia to join me in the alto section. It is nice to have friends to sit with. Emily comes with me after church to sing with me. She wants to sing different songs but it is so fun to watch her hold the music and sing.
7. Pride and Prejudice. I love that I woke up from an afternoon nap and found my husband watching the 6 hour A&E Pride and Prejudice without me! I made him turn it off until after dinner so I could finish watching it with him. That movie always makes me happy.
8. Bunkbeds. Landon and I put up the kids bunkbeds to curb the amount of jumping on the bed. Emily is so proud of her bed. She keeps saying that its just like Ethan's. And how she can't wait till Ethan comes and she can show him. We miss you Ethan. My kids are growing up! I pieced together a board to keep Emily from rolling off. Its not too pretty but it works. I already have plans on how to make it look nicer. Now to find the time and money... :) The ladder is only hooked to the bunk beds when Emily is sleeping because Collin has figured out climbing up it. See he is short enough to jump on her bed. :) But last night we found him on the top bunk and the ladder was not attached. Seems he has figured out how to climb up the side by watching his sister do it. Hmmmm.
I love my family. I am so blessed!
Monday, November 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
Glad you have so many fun things going on Can't wait to hear you sing in your choir. Love the idea of making their own dinners
Post a Comment