Things are starting to settle down into a routine again. Work is keeping me very busy but I love it! I miss Emily but I love coming home to her running and yelling, "Mommy!" The best sound in the world. She then gives me a big hug and chatters on about her day. I can't belive how quickly they grow up. Its fun to be able to have a "conversation." We are still at my parents house but I discovered a great little place today at just the right price so hopefully that will change soon. Keep your fingers crossed for us! The pregnancy is going fantastic. I am sure its a girl because its the same pregnancy I had with Emily. The Lord definately blesses me. I am very tired by the end of the school day. But seeing Emily usually re-energizes me.
Emily has entered the "No" phase. 90% of the time its a polite no and smile. She thinks its funny. But the other 10% is not so much fun. She enjoys walking up to me, trying to take something from my hand and telling me no when I won't let her. The temper tantrums are more colourful everyday. When they happen in the middle of the store, I have actually learned to just smile and wait for it to end. Most people look understandingly at me. Since winter is on its way, my sister's cat Bertuzzi has started appearing nightly for food and shelter. His appearance always lets us know when cooler weather is on its way. Emily is in love with him. She goes out daily, picks up his food dish, shakes it, and calls "Kitty, kitty." Sad part is that the cat is rather scared of her. And he should be. When he tries to eat, she pets him and then moves his food dish, and then pets him again. Her new trick for the last week has been to chase him around the house saying, "Out, kitty, out." She does this until he disappers somewhere she can't crawl or he escapes outside. Nothing deters her from this new game. Poor Bertuzzi. The fickle love of a 19 month old. :) She learns a new word everyday. We love her dearly!
Landon is doing well. He turns 30 this week and is having mixed feelings. His misses his family dreadfully. Today he told me he doesn't want holiday scents in the house because it makes him trunky. He is enjoying work and stills enjoys his alone time. Kids are still flocking to him and Emily thinks he is funniest person alive. He is such a great dad. I love watching him with Emily and the other kids. He definately has more patience for them than for me. :) He has a loving heart, though he tries to hide it. His church calling is keeping him very busy, but he enjoys it.
Emily is now up so I am off outside with her. We are helping my parents pick apples tonight. The estimated 15 to 22 bears in Wildwood are making short work of the apples. We hope to pick them all tonight. Maybe next time I will post the story of the bear our friend Danny Behan found in his living room last week (an adult bear) .............
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I love that story of the bear. I keep telling all my friends about. Tyson was memsmorized. Good luck with the house hunting. Happy birthday to Landon.
HOLD ON! You can't just leave the bear story like that! You must tell me, I'm very curious. Just because of my wild fear of bears I must know every interesting story about them. Tell me when you can.
Post a Comment