Just wanted to leave an update on how we are all doing......
I started work part time this week at the reading and recreation program run by our school district. I work Monday through Friday 9-12:30 doing reading intervention for three small groups. All students in our school district grades 1-4 are invited to attend this reading program. It's to help improve students reading with small groups and incorporates arts and activities. It runs for four weeks and I am loving it. I love that I am home by one o'clock. Emily and I have taken to going on afternoon outings. Either the beach, a walk around the neighborhood or just playing in the pool and trampoline in my parents backyard. It's the best of both worlds. The job ends five days before we leave for the Philippines. :) Perfect timing!
Landon is definately enjoying the freedom that comes from having me home more. :) He is enjoying his work and the beautiful weather we are having. He misses his family, which I wish would motivate him to contact them more but Sorry no such luck. I keep trying. If anyone wants to surprise him with a visit he would love it! (It is his 30th birthday in September..... Everyone is invited!) Thanks to a website address sent to us by Chad and Pam, Landon is getting more and more excited for our upcoming trip.
Emily has had an up and down week. She is loving the one on one with me but on Monday put up a fuss when she found her friend Josephine's picture. So that led to a playdate on Wednesday, with Josie and her mom. Totally fun! They had a great time playing in the pool and on the trampoline. (And I loved the passionfruit lemonade drink that Sonia brought me from Starbucks! YUM!) Friday was a disastor for Emily though. I was downstairs getting dressed to go for work at about 8:10am when I heard Emily's stroller crash down the stairs. You see Emily's favourite thing to do is bring her stroller down the stairs and push it around the basement. She scoots down on her bum and pushs the stroller in front of her. I wish I could say that the stroller was the only casulity. A few seconds later I heard thumping sounds and then Emily screamed. From her position at the bottom of the stairs, my guess is that she reached for the stroller when I fell down the stairs and tumbled after it. Luckily she was half way down so she fell down 5 steps onto concrete. VERY SCARY! I picked her up, saw no blood, and just cuddled her. She asked for Blues Clues through her tears. (Her new favourite DVD) So I took her to it and held her in my arms. My mom walks in to examine her head more closely. She lifted Emily's bangs and my stomach turned. Right above Emily's temple was a large goose egg. Becoming larger and more purple by the second. All Emily did was reach up, touch it and say Owiee. My mom got ice but Emily wouldn't let us put it on. We decided to take her to emergency just in case but yeah, same oh, watch her, bring her in if anything changes. The bump had gone noticeable down by the time we got to the emergency room. She acted like nothing had happened. She didn't even take any tylenol. She just ran around the emergency room and played. I went to work and she was still happy as a clam when I got home. I wish I had taken a picture. Within 28 hours there was a slight purple mark and today, basically nothing. And no she didn't learn her lesson, she still takes way to many risks in my opinion. Gotta love toddlers!
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Glad Emily was alright. Good luck as she is like my kids which means manyore tumbles. Luckily nothing seiouwith kidsso hopefully the same with Emily.
That's why you should keep 'em in those bouncy things - you know, the ones that fasten in the door way - and, you don't take 'em out till they're twelve.
Post a Comment